School Day Breakfast Cookie. Make Ahead & Freeze.
School’s starting. Details. Details. YIKES!!
My Dad would sometimes say that he felt like he was meeting himself coming and going. Do you ever feel that way? Is your head spinning, trying to remember all the details for everything you need to get accomplished for this new school year? There’s shopping, organizing, school physicals, car pool schedules, garage sales to make room for the new stuff you bought, and the need to get back into a good sleep routine.
And then, there is meal planning. Do I hear a SIGH?
Let’s talk about breakfast! You want your kids to start their school day (whether Traditional, Christian, or Home-schooled) with a good & satisfying meal.
I know you are so busy right now. I’m praying for you, Mama. And I’m on your team. I want to help you with breakfast. Little successes lead to bigger successes as you walk out your daily routine in your career as Mama to your kids.
I have a great recipe for you.
I have written VERY SPECIFIC instructions in case you want your kids to do the “creating”. (Hoping I left nothing to “chance” here.) So, here you go…
Just for you, sweet Mama…
Delicious & Easy School Day Breakfast “Cookie”
(Complete Meal in Cookie Form! YAY!!!)
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees (to preheat while you mix up the cookie dough)
- Mix together with a large spoon, in a large bowl, the following ingredients:
- 2 cups oats (I use the quick oats in the round box)
- 1 mashed banana (peeled)
- 1/3 cup or 1 small individual size applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup or 1 individual size box raisins
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts (I crush them to the consistency of flour with a hammer in a plastic bag)
- If the mixture seems a bit too thick, I sometimes add a 1/2 cup or so of water to make it better consistency for mixing.
- Sometimes for variety, I add 1/3 cup or so of Cocoa Powder.
- The fruit makes them naturally sweet, so no other sweetener is needed.
- Baking time is 15-20 minutes…depends on how big you make your cookies. The bigger the cookie, the longer it takes to cook!
Do you like what you have read here? Click the button below to signup to receive an e-mail whenever we publish a new blog post.
- I use a non-stick cookie sheet so I don’t need to grease the cookie sheet because there is butter in the cookie mix. I drop them by spoonful and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- I usually double the recipe (that gives me 10-14 cookies). I make my cookies as big as the ones at Starboard Market or Cookies, etc. or some other “Monster Cookie” shop.
- I freeze them and when I am in a rush, I can take one out of the freezer and either let it sit to thaw, while I get ready for the day, OR I can heat it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. YUM!!!
This is a great idea for you, Moms, especially when you are running late. The kids can take a breakfast cookie with them in the car. No sticky mess. Very cool!
Please leave a comment using the form below. Would you be so kind to share on FB to help other Moms start the day with a “cookie”?
And, please…share your own recipes to help your morning start off well with a nourishing breakfast.
God bless you bunches!
Awaiting His shout,
Christian Life Coach
Leading from Your Strengths Mentor