Clear Lake Iowa…
is a beautiful and a busy place all year. Special events all summer draw huge crowds. These visitors stay with relatives and friends, or in motels, and many delight in camping out in our beautiful camp grounds. We have biking trails and hiking trails. And wonderful parks and of course the LAKE.
The summer season
While kicking back from routine a little, remember that July is a good time to re-evaluate and adjust plans for the year. At 1/2 way through the year, stop and think:
- Have you accomplished what you intended?
- Are you more than 1/2 way toward the reaching your yearly goals?
- What do you need to tweak to see your dreams come true?
- Have you discovered your personality type with its strengths and quirks?
- Have you considered much about how other people see you as a person?
- Would you like to be able to bring out the best in other people?
- Speaking of summer: Are you different when you are working than when you are relaxing?
Your laugh for the day:
(Don’t be one of those people)
(Actual comments people wrote on registration forms & comment cards.) (From a staff article. The Bridger Wilderness Area in Wyoming).
- Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.
- Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
- Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during the winter.
- The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals.
- A deer stole my jar of pickles. Is there a way I can be reimbursed.
- Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights.
- A McDonald’s would be nice at the trailhead.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
- Too many rocks in the mountains.
I’m actually surprised they didn’t complain about the weather. These comments were written seriously by real people. You can’t help wondering what they expected? They were in the WILDERNESS!!!
What about you?
When you visit another state and experience their great outdoors, are you ever THAT person? In our “consumer” society, it doesn’t take much to cause us to lose our perspective, to throw us into demanding our own desires, and become poor reflections of the Savior we profess to follow. What would Jesus do? What did Jesus do? Let’s do THAT! When was the last time you asked Jesus: What would YOU have me do, LORD?
Why do we do what we do?
Have you ever wondered why you might react one way and another person reacts differently to the same circumstances? I love that we can actually know the answer to that question! The answer is “By God’s design.” God decides each of our personalities. And then He plops us down exactly where He wants us to be to learn what He wants to teach us. And then it is our job to figure out how to live our one life the best we know how…
Life is like a big huge puzzle.
And we are each only one single piece. It is critical you KNOW where you fit and why you do what you do. None of us wants to be a curmudgeon like the people who filled out the park comment forms. Let’s talk about how you can KNOW who GOD created you to be and how to be better at it. Ministry Insights has developed an amazing tool that we use at www.LoavesandFishesCoaching.com. Get your questions answered! Don’t delay!
Let’s talk about scheduling a *Free* Inquiry call.
Thanks for all you do…
Until next time…