My Will or God’s Will?
My will or God’s will? Is it possible to know what God wants me to do?
Here’s some questions to ask yourself when trying to evaluate whether your decision is “my will or God’s will“…
- Have I clearly and specifically asked for God’s help?
- Do I show my trust for God with every area of my life, not merely this decision?
- Do I even want to obey God’s clearly revealed will?
- Am I operating on the basis of good reasons…or on the basis of changing feelings?
- Am I choosing to take the time to fill my mind with God’s Word so that my mind is being transformed so that I can recognize His will when it is revealed?
- Are there biblical commands or principles that apply to my specific situation? Am I choosing to take the time to look for them?
- What are the alternatives and consequences of each possible option?
- Are my abilities or weaknesses influencing the decision? How?
- What decision will glorify God?
- What will build me up spiritually?
- What will edify others?
- Have I sought out trustworthy advisors that know the Bible?
- Have I been like the Bereans and compared the advice that was given…to what the Bible says…rather than merely accepting or rejecting it?
- Am I making this decision based on how it will affect my own personal freedom?
- Do I have an internal sense of spiritual peace that my decision is right?
- What would be the affect if I waited to make this decision?
- After determining whether it is my will or God’s will, am I determined to obey and please God…no matter what?
Adapted from an article appearing in RBC Ministries devotion book. And that article had been adapted from: How Can I Know What God Wants Me To Do?
Leave a Reply