School’s starting. Details. Details. YIKES!!
Is your head spinning, trying to remember all the details for everything you need to get accomplished for this new school year? There’s shopping, organizing, school physicals, car pool schedules, garage sales to make room for the new stuff you bought, and the need to get back into a good sleep routine.
And then, there is meal planning. Do I hear a SIGH?
Let’s talk about breakfast! You want your kids to start their school day (whether Traditional, Christian, or Homeschool) with a good & satisfying meal. Kids NEED breakfast!
I know you are so busy right now. I’m praying for you, Mama. We are on the same “team”. I want to help you with breakfast. Little successes lead to bigger successes as you walk out your daily routine in your career as Mama to your kids. And these successes help you begin to feel like the best mama ever! YAY!
Complete Meal in Cookie Form! YAY!
School Day Breakfast Cookie
(Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
Mix ingredients together with a large spoon, in a large bowl:
- 2 cups oats (I use quick oats)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup or 1 small individual size applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup or 1 individual size box raisins
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts (I crush them in a plastic bag with a hammer…to the consistency of flour.)
Baking time is: 15-20 minutes…depends on how big you make your cookies. The bigger the cookie, the longer it takes to cook! 🙂
- If the mixture seems a bit too thick, I sometimes add a 1/2 cup or so of water to make it better consistency for mixing.
- Sometimes for variety, I add 1/3 cup or so of Cocoa Powder or 1/2 cup of peanut butter for more protein.
- Grease the cookie sheet.
- I drop the dough by the spoonful and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- I make my cookies as big as the ones at Starboard Market or Cookies, etc. or any other “Monster Cookie” shop, so that one cookie is a full meal.
- I freeze them, for times when I’m in a rush.
- Sometimes I add a glob of peanut butter on the top, for extra protein.
When running late in the morning…
- I take one out of the freezer and either let it sit while I get ready for the day, OR I can heat it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. YUM!!!
- The kids can take a breakfast cookie with them in the car. No sticky mess. What do you think?
Would you be so kind as to share on FB to help other Moms start the school/work day with a “cookie” 🙂
And, please…share in the comment section below, your own yummy and time saving school morning recipes. Thanks bunches!
Discover Living From Your Strengths (LFYS) Life Changing Mentor Coaching.
Do you have questions? Through the Ministry Insights assessment, you will Discover your strengths. And then, through mentor coaching, you will learn how to daily Embrace and Live out your strengths. You can contact me by clicking on the blue button beside the signature line. Or leave me a private message on Facebook.
Awaiting His shout,
Christian Life Coach
Leading from Your Strengths Mentor